OR Browse the menu for a help topic

I’m new in town, who can help me settle in?

Services which can assist you with I’m new in town, who can help me settle in?

  • Chaplaincy

    02 4921 5571

    Chaplains are experienced, credentialed, religious-workers who are authorised by their faith tradition to provide support and guidance and are available at both the Callaghan and Central Coast campuses. Chaplains offer compassionate help in all situations and support the spiritual life of the University. You do not need to belong to…

    See more
  • International Office

    02 4921 6236

    The International Office is here to assist and support you throughout the duration of your studies. A dedicated team of friendly International Student Advisors can provide advice on student welfare concerns and referral to services for academic support, counselling and accommodation. International Student Advisors are trained to offer practical and…

    See more
  • NUSA

    02 4921 6006

    NUSA is the representative body for students studying at the Callaghan campus of the University of Newcastle.  They provide access to student associations and societies, provide advocacy on behalf of students and many other great membership benefits.

    See more

    02 4921 7001

    The Forum supports NUsport, which manages sporting clubs on Newcastle campus by providing them with funding, advice and support.  There’s 22 affiliated clubs that provide a sporting and cultural home for over 1000 students each year.  Among them are Rugby, Hockey, Badminton, Jujutsu, Mountaineering, Tennis, Ski and Snowboard and Water Polo.

    See more
  • PASS

    02 4985 4907

    PASS stands for Peer Assisted Study Sessions. This program consists of one hour weekly review sessions for students. PASS provides an opportunity for students in one course to compare notes, discuss difficult concepts and review weekly material in an informal setting. The sessions will be conducted by a PASS Leader,…

    See more
  • UoN Student Living

    02 4924 1000

    UON Student Living is the University of Newcastle's on-campus residential precinct at our Callaghan and Ourimbah campuses. Offering over 1,500 beds with the with the opening of our new residences in 2015, UON Student Living is a secure, convenient and flexible living option for UON Students. Off-Campus Accommodation Finding a…

    See more
  • Yourimbah

    02 4348 4260

    Yourimbah is the student association, sports union and service provider for students at the Central Coast campus. Services include cafeteria, bar, cafes, clubs and societies, welfare, grievance support, student representation (Student Representative Committee), entertainment and on-campus sport, recreation, physical health and well-being with discounts and other benefits for members.  

    See more